I’ve got a quick list of my Friday favorites for you this week!
The last two weeks have been an absolute blur; between organizing my new classroom and just re-adjusting to a school-year schedule, I have been on the run from 6am-9pm each and every night. I do about 8000 steps a day just at work, then hit the gym afterwards, so 9pm has been my standard bedtime this week.
Here are a few things that helped me get through this week!
- Halotop: Birthday Cake– This is what I have promised myself as a friday afternoon treat once this week is over. In moments of drowsiness, I daydream about eating this entire pint while watching Grace and Frankie on Netflix wearing sleep shorts and an old college hoodie.
- This Post on Run Selfie Repeat. Being injured all summer and being unable to run the full marathon I’d planned was more than just a nuisance; it was a blow to my identity as a runner. Kelly talks about how calling yourself a runner can be hard, especially considering the outside’s world perceptions and expectations for athletes. I love Kelly’s instagram, vlog, and blog, and this article is especially worth a look.
- This Bag. I have no sponsors, so everything I talk about on this blog is legit something I love, love, love. I’ve used a Scout Uptown Girl bag for work for the last 3 years and it is literally the best. I love how organized it keeps me even when my days are long and winding. If you’re a teacher or do some other job where you carry more than just a purse to and from work, check out Scout Bags!!
- This coffee/tea cup that DOESN’T SPILL!! I picked this up at a TJ Maxx a few months back, and I am so obsessed. Last year my adorable ceramic coffee cup leaked all over my car on the reg. This cup doesn’t spill, doesn’t leak, and keeps my tea nice and toasty all morning!
- This new T-Swift song. It has gotten me through my workouts every day this week. I’m so looking forward to the full album in a couple of weeks.
Now You Tell Me…
- Any Friday Favorites this week?
- Fave flavor of Halo Top?
- Any other insightful blog posts out there I should check out? ALWAYS looking for more reading!