I haven’t done a goals post in SO LONG. But this month, I have a whole lot of things that I want to get done. So I’m going to put them out there, and wish that the universe will look favorably upon my hopes.
Before I dive into this month’s goals, I wanted to do a quick update about where I’m at with my year-long 2018 goals
- #1) Read at Least 12 Books: I’m doing alright! I already read 3:)
- #2) Visit One New Country: I BOOKED A TRIP TO PERU, GUYS. So excited to hit up the Inca Trail this summer.
I haven’t really dove into #s 3-4 yet, but I’ll get there.
Okay, so, here’s what I’m working on this month.
- Get to 95% of My Fundraising Goal: I’m running the Boston Marathon is on April 16th for the Brigham and Women’s Hospital Charity team. I’m really hoping to be at 95% of my goal (I’m at 72% now) by the end of March. I’ve got one last event the first week of April, so I feel like if I make it most of the way in the next three weeks I’ll be in really good shape come race day:)
Fundraising has been the hardest part of marathon training, if you can believe it. I committed to raising $7500 (the minimum this year) and I’ve had to be really bold and creative to get this far. I’ve hosted a donation based spin class and yoga class, I single-handedly ran a clothing drive, and I’ve reached out to more old friends and classmates than I even realized I had. In a lot of ways it’s been empowering to feel so supported, but it’s also a whole lot of responsibility!
- Spend Less Time On Facebook: This is a side effect of fundraising, really. I am usually a very social-media-free. I like my privacy and I like to NOT judge myself based on other people’s online personas. But in order to fundraise, I’ve had to use social media to reach out to my supporters and update my followers. I’ve found myself re-addicted to mindless scrolling, which I really don’t like. So I’m planning to cut down for a little while.
- Try 3 New Recipes: This is kind of a cheat since I already made a turkey-based/gluten free version of the Hearty Minestrone from “Run Fast Eat Slow” this weekend. It was awesome. And I want to eat more awesome things, since I basically lived off scrambled eggs, baby carrots and hummus last month.
- Stay Hydrated 100% of The Time: Hydration used to be a strength of mine but I have been SLACKING lately. So I am making it a goal to drink TONS of water this month, especially since I’ve got some really massive long runs on my radar.
- Get Back To 3-4 Posts A Week: So, I’ve been feeling a little more ready to write lately, so I’m going to take this and run with it! I’m hoping to post on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursday/Fridays for the rest of the month.
I am so excited to launch into these goals and finish this month strong! March can be a long, gloomy month in New England; there aren’t really any long weekends or breaks to look forward to, so having some goals is (hopefully) going to keep me moving forward:)
Now You Tell Me…
- Fun (beach-style) book recommendations?
- Post suggestions? What do you all wanna read?!?