Just dropping in to tell you about a few goals I’ve set for myself this month!!
- Focus on Core Work: I’ve been neglecting my core work throughout this marathon training season, and I am starting to feel it. I’m going to try to do an ab routine daily this month…so far, so good!
- Have a BLAST Running the Boston Marathon With My Teammates: I am SO excited to run this amazing race with some totally amazing people. I cannot believe that we all didn’t even know each other 6 months ago. I’ve felt so empowered with this squad by my side, and I am going to try to milk every bit of joy out of Marathon Monday that I can!!
- Read At Least 1 Whole Book: I’ve been super off for the last few weeks and havent been able to settle in and read an entire book. I’m aiming to change that this month; I’m diving into “The Night Circus” but Erin Morgenstern next!
- Finish Boston Marathon Fundraising: So, I’m just over 85% of the way towards meeting my fundraising goal of $7500. I didn’t quite get to my 95% goal that I set back in March, BUT I have been so blessed and thankful for every donation I have received and am so proud of what my social network has helped me accomplish. I am pretty shy IRL, so reaching out to old friends and posting repeatedly on social media all the time has not come naturally to me. Promoting my fundraiser and asking for help has been a real challenge, but it’s helped me come out of my shell a bit and overall I feel like I am in a good place:)
- Do Something Fitness-y That Isn’t Running, Spinning, or Swimming: I miss barre and weight lifting and hiking. Part of me is so excited to be done with marathon training for a little bit so that I can partake in other athletic adventures. I’m planning to take a few days off after the marathon, then ease back into fitness over 2 weeks with a few elliptical sessions and barre classes. I’ll be babysitting my 14-month-old-niece the week after the marathon, so there’ll definitely be some decent stroller walks in there too.
And that’s it:)
Now You Tell Me…
- Any goals for this month?
- Favorite non-running workouts?
Have a great weekend, friends!