Did anyone else get the Frozen reference in my title?!?
So, I totally bonked on blogging this week. It was a super weird week, tbh; coming back to school from such an action-packed break was truly a shock to the system. I had a ton of paperwork due right when we came back, plus the final paper for an online class I’ve been taking was due on Wednesday. So posting had to take a back seat while I played a bit of catch up.
Although it’s been sleep deprived and busy, this week has also been really great. I’ve been able to see friends on weeknights (UNHEARD OF!!) and plan out some fun projects and trips for the next few months. Here are a few of the things that made me so, so happy this week.
- Barre Class! I’m feeling a lot more recovered now, and made the (somewhat snap) decision to buy a one-month pass at the barre studio near my school. I don’t have to start training for my next marathon for another couple of weeks, and I think it will be good for me to tone up my arms a bit for summer:) For those of you who might not have tried a barre workout before; barre is kind of a fusion of pilates and ballet barre work that uses light weights, body weight, and resistance bands to strengthen muscles and tone allllll over. I walked into my first class 4 years ago expecting an easy, yoga-like experience and got something totally different. This workout makes you BURN and I love it. There’s a morning class that perfectly aligns with my work schedule at the studio near my school, so I pick up one month memberships on sale if I’m not in marathon-training mode. Super excited for a few weeks of studio-style classes to keep me pumped between training cycles!
- Panera Strawberry Poppyseed and Chicken Salad: GUYS it’s back! I love this salad, even if it is just fruit salad with some lettuce mixed in. I am going to be eating it at lest once per week until it goes out of season in the fall. If you haven’t had it yet, you need to treat yourself and grab it next time you’re rolling past a Panera and wondering what the heck you’re going to eat for dinner.
- Handmaid’s Tale on Hulu: I raved about this series when I first discovered it a few months ago, and the first few episodes of the second season just dropped on Hulu this week. The story, the cinematography, the acting, and the music continue to be totally on point. This show is not a low-lift by any means; don’t watch it when you need cheering up and don’t watch it RIGHT before bed. But if you’re into thought provoking television, this is top-notch. I tackled the first episode while on an elliptical this week and I’m so looking forward to the second once I’ve got a little time this weekend.
- TRAVEL PLANS! I’ve got some freaking amazing trips planned in the next few months and I am so excited. My friend and I booked our tickets to Peru this week, and I’ve started reading up more and more on the incredible stops along our itinerary. I’ve been making traveling a priority in the last 5 years because it’s one of those things I might only be able to do to this extent at this point in my life. This will be the first (and possibly only) summer when I’m not working and/or taking classes, and so I’m filling it up with destinations I’ve been dreaming about for so, so long.
- SPRING WEATHER! Can I get a sigh of relief from the entire east coast? My fellow east coasters, we’ve earned this. We have EARNED these 65+ degree temperatures by surviving innumerable Nor’easters, two blizzards, low temperatures, so many damaged roofs, burst pipes, downed trees… all since Christmas. This week has been beautiful, and I have loved being able to head out without my winter coat for once this year. I even took a hike last Sunday morning to commemorate the start of sunshine season!
- My Supporters: Last Sunday my parents had a cookout to celebrate my Boston marathon Finish, and it was so wonderful to see how many people I’d made proud. Then i came back to school, and my co-workers and students were all so excited for my accomplishment. There have been so many moments in my life when I’ve felt alone, and this past week has shown me that I am truly never alone. THANK YOU to all of you out there who have supported me from near and far!
So there you have it!! A few favorites for a sleepless, busy, but overall positive week!
Now You Tell Me…
- Have you tired Barre? What’d you think?
- Fave take-out order?
- Anyone out there watching Handmaid’s Tale?!?