I hope your week ended more smoothly than mine did.
Like I mentioned in my last post, I’ve had a super stressful few weeks. When I’m working through a rough patch, I try really hard not to skip my workouts or runs because I’ve found that being active helps me manage my stress levels.
This is not to say that I always WANT to get active when I am overworked and overwhelmed. But I know that I’ll feel even worse if I don’t. So I need to find fun ways to motivate myself, and one of those ways is creating playlists that pump me up and keep me feeling great when I’m exercising.
I’ve always loved music; I was all about the indie pop world through high school and college, and these days I love Lumineers pandora station and anything by Mumford and Sons. But Mumford doesn’t always make me want to do hill sprints, and as much as I love “Ho Hey,” it doesn’t make me want to lift another set. Because of this, my running/gym playlist and my chilling out playlist look very different. So I stick to lots of pop and hip hop for my workouts.
This month, these songs are my absolute favorites for my workouts!
- Silence- Marshmello ft. Khalid Because I, too, would rather be a lover than a fighter.
- Logic 1-800-273-8255- Alessia Cara & Khalid If you can watch the official video without crying you are not human.
- Come Hang Out- AJR Is this not how we all feel during marathon training?
- Feel It Still- Portugal. The Man Catchiest. Song. Ever.
- Mi Gente- J Balvin, Willy William Second catchiest song ever.
- The One- Chainsmokers I seriously have never found a Chainssmokers song I don’t fully love.
- Scared to Be Lonely- Martin Garrix & Dua Lipa This song makes me run faster. It’s like magic.
- Thunder- Imagine Dragons I overplayed this a bit last month, but I still love it and it feels inspirational.
- Young Dumb and Broke- Khalid This is a little slower, so it’s great for towards the end of your workout when you’re winding down.
- So Much More Than This- Grace Vanderwaal For your active recovery:)
So give them a listen and let me know what you think!
Now You Tell Me…
- Top workout songs right now?
- Do you have very different playlists for different situations, too?