I am stuck inside yet again today. Winter Storm Grayson hit Boston so, so hard, which means school was cancelled both yesterday and today. It’s -1 outside with wind chill, so I’m feeling a little bit trapped.
In a response to this trapped-in feeling, I am making some goals for this year. I am not a huge fan of resolutions; instead I like to have a few easy, specific goals to work towards each year, rather than one big lifestyle overhaul.
So, without further ado, here are my goals for 2018!
- Read At Least 12 Books: I read thirteen last year! I love reading, and last year I set this same goal for myself. I have read some amazing stories and learned some fabulous things from my reading this year… and I’ve watched significantly less TV:)
- Visit One New Country: I haven’t done a ton of travel planning lately, but I try to take one big trip every year. I’m not sure where this year will take me, but I would love to visit South America or Southeast Asia!
- PR In the Marathon: I ran my first marathon two years ago, and I ran it with no time goal and no strategy, undertrained and totally terrified. I finished in 4:52, which was not quite on par with my goal of 4:30. I’m training smart this time around, so I’d really like to finish my next marathon- The Boston Marathon– in 4:35 or less!
- Write More Fiction: I love fiction writing, but I haven’t made much time for it in the last 6 months or so. I’d love to find a way to work it into my schedule on a regular basis this year!
And that’s that!
Again, I like to keep it simple. I am generally a reflective person who lives healthfully, does volunteer work, and tries to improve myself on a consistent, daily basis. And by living my life this way, I’ve found that I really don’t need to make crazy-big resolutions. Anyone else feel this way?
Happy 2018, folks! Let’s kick it off right!
Now You Tell Me…
- Goals and/or resolutions this year?
- How do you work towards self-improvement consistently throughout your year?